3/20/2009

Newbie in Town

I began this journey only a short time ago.  Although I have always tried to keep a real budget when I went shopping I wasn't using coupons.  About a month ago a friend told me about the website www.southernsavers.com and I was hooked!  I had no idea that you could save that kind of money at the grocery store.  And I surely didn't know that you could get FREE items!  So that's where it started and I have been on my way.  I have since collected a million (not really but a bunch) coupons, organized them in a 3 ring binder in baseball card holders and made my shopping lists.  Tomorrow will be my first real time going into the stores armed and ready.  My husband and I have decided to do a little experiment.  I will continue to get my normal budget every two weeks to go shopping ($230.00), however what ever amount I save from that budget will go towards our last remaining credit card.  Wish me luck!  Now go out there and shop smarter everyone!





The dreaded coupon book...every grocers nightmare!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I keep my coupons the same way! I tend to sort them while watching tv. It sure has helped me find coupons when I need them. However, I tend to not bring the entire thing into the store...rather decide what I am buying and then keeping to my list as best as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do take my coupons to use out and put them in an envelope to take with me, but I take my binder in because sometimes they have things on clearance and if I have a coupon then I can get extra savings.

    ReplyDelete